Learn BDD test automation with Cucumber and Serenity at the Serenity Dojo
"Cucumber and Serenity are the Dynamic Duo of BDD test automation"
Learn real-world BDD test automation practices with Cucumber and Serenity BDD, online and at your own pace.
Behaviour Driven Development, or BDD, is an extremely effective software delivery practice that helps teams collaborate better and focus on delivering features that really matter. Cucumber is by far the most widely-used BDD tool in the market. And Serenity BDD adds world-class living documentation and reporting, and makes it easier for teams to automate their BDD acceptance criteria using robust and sustainable test automation practices. Together, they make a powerful combination.
The new Serenity Dojo "BDD with Cucumber and Serenity" course currently has over 2 and a half hours of online training (with more material on the way!), as well as quizzes and coding exercises to help reenforce your learning. In this self-paced course for testers and developers, you will learn about both BDD theory and practices, and also how to write high quality automated acceptance tests in Java using Cucumber and Serenity BDD. Plus you will learn invaluable tips and tricks about Cucumber and Serenity BDD from the authors of Serenity BDD.
Covered topics include:
- Introduction to BDD
- Your first Executable Specification
- Writing robust step definition methods in Cucumber
- Structuring your test suite with Serenity BDD step libraries
- Advanced Gherkin: scenario outlines, embedded tables and more
- Writing better automated web tests with Cucumber and Serenity
- Writing more flexible test suites with Cucumber and the Screenplay pattern
- Using Cucumber and Serenity for better reporting and living documentation
- Testing REST APIs with Cucumber, Rest Assured and Serenity (out soon)
The first module is free for you to try out. So sign up now!
Need more tailored BDD and Serenity support for your team? Be sure to check out our new Serenity Dojo for Teams packages.