Behaviour Driven Development from start to finish
Cutting Edge BDD Training from the author of "BDD in Action"
More and more organisations are adopting BDD, or Behaviour Driven Development as a way to help teams deliver higher quality, higher value features sooner. Simply put, it gives them a competitive edge.
BDD bridges the gaps between business and development teams, and between analysts, developers and testers within a team
Based on simple but powerful collaborative practices, BDD helps teams come together around clearly understood business goals and well-defined features to deliver software that delights the customer. Working in close collaboration, team members build a deep shared understanding of the customer needs, and express this understanding in the form of "executable specifications", specifications that the business folk help write, but that can also be executed as automated acceptance tests.
Learn the latest BDD practices from industry expert and author of "BDD in Action", John Ferguson Smart
Our 2-day BDD workshop will give you a clear understanding and a first-hand experience of Behaviour Driven Development in action. Going right from requirements discovery and refinements, through to formulating and automating executable specifications, you will get a solid picture of all the facets of the BDD process.
Day One: Agile Requirements Discovery, BDD style
On the first day we introduce the general principles of BDD, and show you how Product Owners, Business Analysts, UX Designers, Developers and QA folk can collaborate more effectively around a well-understood goal to deliver features that make a difference sooner.
Teams learn how to discover and refine requirements collaboratively and efficiently using technical such as Pirate Canvases, Impact Mapping, Example Mapping and Feature Mapping. They will learn how to identify and explore the key business behaviours and user journeys, uncover uncertainty and focus efforts on the features that will deliver the most value sooner. They will
By the end of the day, students will have a solid understanding of how BDD principles and practices can focus requirements discovery both at a high level, and for individual features and stories.
Day Two: Writing executable specifications with Cucumber
Compelling and applicable.
Pete, Business Analyst
A wonderful course, and very helpful
Ashok, Senior Consultant
Enlightening! John showed me how to be agile, and not just 'do' agile.
Karen, Lead Business Analyst
Great sessions with interactive and practical exercises, and detailed insight about BDD.
Moon, QA Lead
What will you learn?
This two-day workshop is highly interactive, and will take you through the a full BDD software development lifecycle, from requirements discovery and refinement, to the delivery of new features coupled with automated acceptance tests. Topics covered include:
- Understand the guiding principles of Behaviour Driven Development, and how it relates to other agile methodologies and practices.
- Learn how to build a high level picture of your business goals and requirements using Impact Mapping and Pirate Canvases.
- Learn how to run requirements discovery and refinement sessions more effectively using techniques like Example Mapping and Feature Mapping
- Learn how to write clear, unambiguous and well-pitched features, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Learn how to turn your acceptance criteria into business-readable "executable specifications", and how to write clean, expressive Gherkin scenarios for different types of requirements and business domain.
- Learn key best practices and tips on how to keep your clean, readable, maintainable and easy to automate.
- Learn how to automate your executable specifications using Cucumber, and write some real automated acceptance tests running against a web application and API backend.
- See how living documentation reports can provide traceability and visibility on the features being delivered, and streamline your delivery process.