Advanced BDD/TDD Masterclass
Experience the full BDD lifecycle with the author of BDD in Action!
Good BDD/TDD and Software Craftsmanship practices can reduce defects by 90% or more, promote better design, make the code easier to understand and to modify, and cheaper to maintain. But this skills are notoriously hard to master without help. This hands-on workshop will immerse students in a realistic project, using pair programming and BDD/TDD practices to implement a number of business features. Students will learn how to:
- Capture requirements in the form of executable specifications
- Use automated acceptance tests to focus work on the features that matter
- Write unit tests in the form of executable specifications that help design and implement your software
- Refine and evolve your software design using TDD and refactoring
- Apply OO Design and SOLID principles to write clean, maintainable code
- Write highly readable, highly maintainable code that is a fluent expression of the business domain
- Write unit tests that can act as living technical documentation
- Foster and sustain a culture of technical excellence within your team
Lab exercises use Java 8, Cucumber-JVM, Serenity, Spock and JUnit.